Alphabet Road is an English workshop for the children, teens and adults of the Strasbourg area who are interested in learning or improving their knowledge of the English language in a fun way!
All of our English conversation lessons are taught 100% in English by an experienced, native English-speaking teacher.
Bringing English to life!
Our programmes include:
· After school clubs for children and teens aged 3-15: These group lessons are focused on conversation and learning English in a fun environment. There are a maximum of 8 children or teens in each class. We have many levels available, ranging from complete beginner to more advanced levels. The lessons include songs, games, stories, arts and crafts, cooking and much more!
· Lunch clubs every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: We collect the children from both sites of the elementary school Conseil des XV at noon. The children bring a packed lunch and we eat together at our workshop (or outside in the park if it’s nice!). After lunch, we do an English activity together (play games, learn dance routines, arts and crafts and much more!) before bringing the children back to Conseil des XV at 2pm.
· Test preparation classes: We offer preparation classes for children who will be taking the test to enter into the English section in either CP at the international schools Conseil des XV and Robert Schuman or in 6ème at the international middle schools. Please contact us for more information!
· Other test preparation classes: At your request, we can set up private or small group lessons to prepare your child for the entrance test for the English section for all grade levels (CP, CE1, CE2, CM1, CM2) as well as the entrance test to the international middle schools or Pontonniers High School.
· Adult lessons: We are pleased to now offer adult lessons! These classes focus on conversations and discussions aimed at improving comprehension, speaking and vocabulary in a fun, flexible and judgement-free environment.
· School holidays: We offer a special programme during the school holidays with workshops in the mornings. Each 2-hour session has a theme and a fun activity, such as sports, painting, cooking, music, etc. We post the programme ahead of time so you can register your children for the activities that will interest them the most! Children with all levels of English are welcome to come, including complete beginners! In fact, the activities during the school holidays are a great way to introduce your child to the English language in a fun and relaxed environment!
· Private or small group lessons at our workshop: It is possible to set up private lessons for individuals or for small groups as long as we have a classroom and a teacher available. Please contact us if you are interested!
· Mini summer camp in the Vosges: Alphabet Road is pleased to offer for the first time a mini summer English camp for kids this July 7th-9th! Come spend 3 days in total English immersion with us in the Vosges! This camp will include English language lessons as well as lots of fun activities such as a treasure hunt, learning how to use a compass, roasting marshmallows, games and more! Please contact us quickly if you are interested in this summer camp as there is a minimum number of inscriptions required to make this trip possible.
· Summer language study abroad trips in England: It is finally possible for your child to be 100% immersed in English in a completely safe environment! Alphabet Road is now a privileged partner of Select English, offering English language study abroad trips in Cambridge, England during the summer holidays. Please contact us for more information!